Bromley Pageant of Motoring Sunday 10th June 2012 | Vel Satis Meetings | Vel Satis Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Bromley Pageant of Motoring Sunday 10th June 2012

UserPost

06:52
May 25, 2012

stephendell

Usual Renault Classic area with Renault UK hospitality unit at the Worlds larget one day classic car show.

ONLY £5 for a car and passenger.

Includes:

Refreshments
Goody Bag
Parade
3000 Classic cars with autojumble and hundreds of trade stands

Registration form is here:

http://www.renaultalpineowners…..m_2012.pdf

For more information on the show please visit:

http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/

08:10
May 25, 2012

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Thanks for the updates, Stephen. How is your Vel Satis running? Have an enjoyable, sunny weekend!

Vel-Satis.org Chief Administrator & Founder

22:14
June 11, 2012

jondkee

Went along to this with the Avi. Weather held most of the day. Pasco was there with his3.5 Initiale and I spent ages chatting to him about it, made me want one even more!

23:38
June 11, 2012

Pasco

jondkee said:

Went along to this with the Avi. Weather held most of the day. Pasco was there with his3.5 Initiale and I spent ages chatting to him about it, made me want one even more!

Delighted to meet you johndkee!  Many thanks for the conducted tour of your Avantime (and allowing me to sit in the driver`s seatLaugh  Your Avantime is a beautiful example – it has made me think that motoring heaven must be owning a 3.5 V6 Vel Satis and a 3.0 Avantime together!

I was very pleased by the positive interest shown by the many members of the public who stopped by to view my Vel. It seems that the Vel Satis is held in very high regard, with comments such as "much better than comparable BMW`s and Mercs!" The leather interior, especially the seats, being particularly admired. My Vel Satis had the distinction of being the only example in the show (Bromley Pageant of Motoring) billed as the world`s biggest classic car show! There were 4 Avantimes present together with examples of R4, R6, R8, R12, R20 and a multitude of various Alpines and hot Clios. Regrettably there were no 4CV`s (my first car in 1963 – a 1955 example). As we drove through the crowds to reach the arena for the parade, several people wanted to stop and admire the Vel. During the day, many "viewers" were pleasantly surprised to learn of the 3.5`s excellent economy of an average of 26 mpg – which is commendable for such a large, fast luxury petrol car.

A very enjoyable day out.

Paul

07:23
June 12, 2012

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Paul and Jon – good to hear you both enjoyed Bromley and now want to add a Vel and an Avi to your fleet respectively!

Paul – well done for representing the Vel Satis there. Glad everyone loved it.

Vel-Satis.org Chief Administrator & Founder

No Tags

Comments are closed.