Anyone Fancy an Autumn 2011 Meet? And what about breakfast club meets? | Vel Satis Meetings | Vel Satis Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Anyone Fancy an Autumn 2011 Meet? And what about breakfast club meets?

UserPost

11:29
July 12, 2011

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

We would like to arrange meets as often as possible, as the June 2011 meet was so enjoyable and we love communicating with all you Vel Satis owners.

Even a small meet with 10-15 cars takes a lot of organisation, so anything "formal" we were intending to be every 6 months i.e. twice a year.

So we're technically due one in Autumn of this year 2011 – is anyone up for this? Let's chat about it on this thread and gauge where you all are, so we can work out the best location for everyone. 

Our founder Oliver is also very much involved in the motoring community on Twitter, blogs, contact with journalists, etc, and is keen on less formal breakfast meetings, perhaps once a month. Let us know what you think about this idea. It's usually done in local areas where local members converge on somewhere for a breakfast before going on a drive, before saying goodbye and having the rest of their weekend free.

Vel-Satis.org Chief Administrator & Founder

15:35
July 12, 2011

Rosic

Post edited 15:36 – July 12, 2011 by Rosic

I'm happy to come if only work allows me :)

11:15
July 13, 2011

V5 WTF

Area Group meetings are a good idea. An appointed area group 'rep' could then manage the meets in their area be they breakfast meets, drives out somewhere or annual get together meets at places of interest e.g Brooklands, Chatsworth etc. start maybe with two or three area reps?

What we could do to start with is use one of those online pinmaps/where are you? things such as this one here:

http://www.pinmaps.net/Help/Ge…..#createMap

We can then ask forum members to pin point where they are and get a general idea of 'clusters' of cars so that we can set up a few area groups to begin with.

Like Rosic my ability to get away on weekends is limited becasuse I work in a boarding school and weekends are out (teach and coach games on Saturdays then Sundays often occupied with students in the Design studios and workshops etc.). That said, with planning, I can get away on occasion and delegate out work Laugh

Dave.

12:41
July 13, 2011

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Great idea! Like the stickers, the pin map was on the list but held back due to time constraints. We'll get moving on the map soon, with your help, and you can run the south east regional if you like? We can pick up the trail via email etc.

Vel-Satis.org Chief Administrator & Founder

17:24
July 18, 2011

The Saint

I'm happy to meet up soon as I missed the June gathering.

I'm also happy to organise or help out with anything in the Solent area.

We have some nice scenery and even nicer pubs!

Graham

Comments are closed.