Vel only £600 2005 model | Used Vel Satis on the Second Hand Market | Vel Satis Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Vel only £600 2005 model

UserPost

15:07
January 12, 2016

Anthony C

Post edited 15:09 – January 12, 2016 by Anthony C

I've owned my 2005 Vel Satis Diesel Initiale for 8 years. It had a new engine fitted at 55000 and has now completed 135,000 miles in total, (so 80,000 with the new engine) Now got new car after all these years so am selling. This car has been excellent and the engine has been amazing until recently.

This car has all the usual extras, leather, sunroof etc and has 9 months MOT. The car is currently in limp mode and despite putting in Shell V Power and redex, it is still in limp mode, although now and again it comes out and drives perfectly. Had a local mobile diagnostic guy look at it but he failed to clear the fault. I don't believe it's turbo fault as when it comes out of limp mode it performs well, and goes like a rocket. I am selling the car for spares and repair as I cannot guarantee it can be taken out of limp mode, and there are other faults such as drivers electric window is broken, sat nav doesn't work properly and the aircon works but not 100% effectively. There are a couple of scratches on the bodywork which I haven't had repaired as they are minor. Also I think the drains may be blocked as water gets into the cabin on the floor but I can't seem to clear them. If someone could sort out the limp mode problem you'd have a good runner with a long MOT, albeit with the other faults mentioned above. Regards  Anthony.(anthony.cavill@gmail.com)

21:48
January 25, 2016

TonyS

Where abouts are you and which model 2.2 or 3.0?

10:39
January 26, 2016

dpress

posts 188

Tony, it is probably this one

Ebay item 191791736546

Located in Gainsborough Lincs, 3.0 DCi

Dpress

No Tags

Comments are closed.