2003 Vel Satis 3.0 V6 dCi Initiale in black with beige leather, year's MoT, FSH | Used Vel Satis on the Second Hand Market | Vel Satis Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2003 Vel Satis 3.0 V6 dCi Initiale in black with beige leather, year's MoT, FSH

UserPost

16:12
May 13, 2016

rsbartle

2003 Renault Vel Satis 3.0 V6 dCi Initiale

Full service history
MoT to April 2017

Top-of-the-range Vel Satis in black with beige heated perforated electrically-adjustable leather seats.  It has working cruise control, tyre pressure sensors, air-conditioned climate control, automatic headlights, automatic wipers, reversing sensor, built-in satellite navigation, 6-CD autochanger, factory adjustable sunblinds on the rear doors and soft-close boot.  The car has a five-speed automatic gearbox with optional tiptronic mode, and an electronic handbrake with easy hill start function.  All of these toys work faultlessly.  The turbo-diesel engine returns between 35-40 mpg around town and a little more on a steady run.

The car has a full service history with Renault main dealer history until 100k miles, and independent servicing since.  I did the last air/oil/fuel service 1000 miles ago with the Renault-grade 5W-30 C4 fully-synthetic oil.  The timing belt looks very much as if it has been replaced in the not-too-distant past, and there is an absolute stack of history that goes with the car.  It has been meticulously looked after by its previous owners.  The exterior is very good, with just a couple of scratches, but nothing terrible; the interior is in absolutely lovely condition, with no real wear on the seats at all.

I readily confess to not having had the car for very long.  I love big French cars, really fancied a Vel Satis, and bought it at the beginning of April.  As often is the case, shortly afterwards I became aware of a decent Citroen BX diesel estate, which I have fancied ever since my father rolled the one we had when I was about 10 years old.  I've also just got my bike license, so I'm thinking about selling the Vel Satis.  It's a fantastic car, so I'm not desperate to sell, but if it goes to a good home where it'll be looked-after and appreciated, then I'll be happy.

The car is listed at £1800 ono.  I've just done a 1000 mile round trip to visit my mum in the Outer Hebrides and it hasn't missed a beat.

17:12
May 27, 2016

rsbartle

Seems like there're no takers, so if I suggested £1400, would that entice anyone?

18:38
May 27, 2016

AndrewS

It may not be a case that no-one is attracted by the price, but rather that very few have seen it. I come on this site probably no more than once a month, and sometimes longer. Unfortunately there isn't the facility to get an email when a new posting is made; that would have helped. It is a lovely car, so perhaps worth keeping instead of the BX, nice as that is?

Andrew

18:53
June 1, 2016

Battlecat

Does it have a towbar fitted.?
I used to own a VS but had to let it go as I couldnt get a towbar. Lovely cars.
Regards Colin.

09:32
June 3, 2016

Battlecat

Anyone know if this Vel is still for sale.

19:56
June 3, 2016

dpress

posts 188

It was on eBay, item number 142007153386 but finished yesterday "as no longer available". Photos on the listing do not show any evidence of a tow bar.

Regards, dpress

20:12
June 3, 2016

Battlecat

Thanks for the update Dpress.

I have an urge to get another VS. I miss my old girl. Need one with a tow bar though. 3.0dci. Driving a second gen Honda CRV at the moment, nice but not a patch on the vel.

No Tags

Comments are closed.