72000 Service for Babette. 3.0 dci | Renault Dealers, Independent Garages, MoTs and Servicing - LIVE DIARIES | Vel Satis Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

72000 Service for Babette. 3.0 dci

UserPost

20:42
December 19, 2012

Battlecat

Since my last post on this subject, (60,000 mile service for Babette) I have now done another 12k. Well 13,500 actually, so it was time for a visit to Wests of Cambridge.

Again I have to report that they did a good job and for a main dealer at reasonable cost. £398. That breaks down as follows:

Oil

Oil Filter

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Cabin Filter

Auxillary Belt Change

Replace front wiper blades

Check 2 intermittent faults, (Unable to find cause of occaisional dead spot on throttle and sticking in gear after kickdown) Seems to be OK since service. Touchwood.

35 point check (only 1 fault found, o/s/f trackrod end worn)

Washed car

Use of loan car for 2 days

I decided not to get them to do the trackrod end as they wanted £160 fitted. I can get a local garage with experienced Renault fitters to do it for £60 fitted.

I also got them to check the body of the car as there are a few places where the paint is bubbling, around door handles etc. They have taken pictures and will ask if Renault will allow repair under the paint guarantee. It does have a FSH with Renault.

I will let you know how that goes.

10:23
December 20, 2012

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Hi Colin – thanks for the update. The price of your 72,000 mile service for Babette does sound reasonable and it's good to see new wiper blades included in that. I agree – get the track rod end fitted elsewhere cheaper.

Re the bubbling, blistering paintwork in places, remember that 'DMH52 Vel Satis' has success pursuing Renault for a respray:

http://www.vel-satis.org/forum…..blistering

This coming year, 2013, will no doubt see a fair few members getting their 10-year service done including the big cambelt change…

Vel-Satis.org Chief Administrator & Founder

16:24
December 20, 2012

Battlecat

Team said:

Hi Colin – thanks for the update. The price of your 72,000 mile service for Babette does sound reasonable and it's good to see new wiper blades included in that. I agree – get the track rod end fitted elsewhere cheaper.

Re the bubbling, blistering paintwork in places, remember that 'DMH52 Vel Satis' has success pursuing Renault for a respray:

http://www.vel-satis.org/forum…..blistering

This coming year, 2013, will no doubt see a fair few members getting their 10-year service done including the big cambelt change…

Thanks for that info Olly. I had seen the post quite a while ago and, with that in mind, was one of the main reasons for making sure the service book was fully up to date with Renault service stamps.

I have booked the car in for the trackrod end replacement at a local garage for Jan 2nd.

With regard to 10 year 120,000 mile cambelt change…Has anyone had theres done and, if so, how much? I would imagine the cost could cause a lot of people to dispose of their car. Frown

17:24
December 20, 2012

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Dealers tend to charge anywhere from £1,500 to £2,000 for the cambelt change, but I know several members for local garages to do it for about £500. The belt kit itself costs about £230 to buy.

15:34
January 2, 2013

Battlecat

Team said:

Dealers tend to charge anywhere from £1,500 to £2,000 for the cambelt change, but I know several members for local garages to do it for about £500. The belt kit itself costs about £230 to buy.

Just to update you. I had the trackrod replaced today at ASAP in Huntingdon, £60.30 which included part, fitting and VAT. www.asap-huntingdon.co.uk

I asked about a cambelt replacement and they said they had done one recently on a VS for about £450 inc parts.  I dont require one for quite a while yet, but worth knowing. They have Renault trained mechanics and a couple of VS on their books.

I also had to send my keycard away for repair and can recommend http://www.keyrepair.co.uk. £25 to replace microswitches and return by recorded dly. Very fast turnaround too.

Still waiting for Wests to get back to me regarding the paint bubbles.

12:01
February 24, 2013

Battlecat

Just a quick update on the paint blisters that I queried with Wests last November.

They rang me last week to say Renault have agreed to do the paint repair under warranty. I have booked it in to their recommended body shop in Cambridge for Monday 25th Feb. I will get a loan car free of charge too.

I will update you on the repairs soon.

22:33
February 24, 2013

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

That's great news, Colin – congrats!

That makes two of you now in terms of Vel Satis owners who have successfully pursued the bodywork corrosion bubbling paint issue with Renault UK.

19:59
February 25, 2013

Battlecat

Thanks Olly

The only bad news is they have loaned me a Chevrolet Matiz (Daewoo) for a few days. I went to overtake a lorry on the M11 and it took me back to my Citroen 2cv motoring days. Scary or what.Surprised

When I got home I had to put windscreen wash in and on lifting the bonnet found out why it is so guttless…It only has 3 cylinders, I guess the other 3 fell out somewhere!!!!!

Anyway it will make me appreciate BabetteKiss the Vel so much more when I get her back.

08:49
February 26, 2013

Team

UK

Admin

posts 604

Oh dear, let's hope you get Babette back soon! The Matiz is indeed short on power and reminds me of holidays abroad in which some relatively normal inclines proved just too steep for it. You take care out there in it and let us know when Babette is home.

22:00
March 2, 2013

Battlecat

Final update on the paint repair done under warranty. Well done Renault UK LaughLaughLaugh

I collected the car today and am pleased to report a superb job has been done.

All four doors have been repaired and the doors repainted and laquered. The result is the car looks like new.

I would suggest that as our cars are getting near the end of the 10 year paint warranty you would be advised to check your car now and if there is any corrosion ask your renault dealer to see if your covered. My car has a full Renault service history with the bodywork check box ticked in the service book.

I hope I never have to drive a Chevrolet Matiz again, it was awful, but then we are spoilt with our lovely VS's. I think the Matiz should be renamed "Optomist" as it has 120mph on the speedo!!!!

Picture below of where my car had corrosion.

No Tags

Comments are closed.