Renault Vel Satis Cars For Sale
2002 (02) Renault VelSatis Initiale 3.0 dCi diesel automatic FOR SALE
- £500 as a spares and repairs sale
- Torquey, powerful 3.0-litre dCi diesel
- Automatic gearbox
- The seller bought it in February 2011 with 61,000 miles
- The usual Initiale creature comforts
- Wooden steering wheel
- MoT till July 2nd, 2015 – previous MoT with no advisories
- Declared SORN, no tax
- Though it does run, the owner is offering it for “spares or repair”. There is an intermittent problem with the EGR valve, causing the car to lose power. He did buy a replacement (used but clean) EGR valve which he will throw in, he hasn’t fitted it himself.
- All tyres have full profile and the memory seats and other electrics work fine.
- There are a few other but relatively minor issues usual for a car of this age: the TPMS is disabled, as a few sensors stopped working (their batteries are only guaranteed for 5 years from manufacture. New sensors are available on eBay or from our club), the parking reversing sensors don’t work and one of the engine cooling fans does not work. This was noticed when driving in the mountains in France in 30 degree heat. The owner has not had a problem with this while driving in the UK, and the coolant temperature stays fine even sitting in traffic on a hot summer day (the remaining fan does a good job).
- The car has been on my drive since I had to “limp home” after the EGR problem came up again two weeks ago.
- The seller cannot guarantee that it is driveable for any distance but if you are confident fitting the replacement EGR valve, it presents a good opportunity.
- Seller is in the Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire region
- This Vel Satis listed for sale 09/03/2015 – please note it may have gone depending on when you contact the seller.
Contact Marc on 01480 381172 or via firstname.lastname@example.org to buy this Vel Satis!
vel-satis.org is not responsible for any of the information on this page. The seller is wholly responsible. This car may have been sold by the time you contact the seller. Please contact the seller directly.